Periodically the Project Management Institute (PMI) conducts a professional Role Delineation Study (RDS) to validate the content of their exams.
A recent RDS is leading to changes to the PMI-ACP (Agile Certified Practitioner) exam in 2015.
The five domains of practice (Initiating, Planning, Executing, Monitoring and Controlling, and Closing) are staying the same and there are no changes to The PMBOK Guide, 5th Edition.
What Is Changing
There is a new domain added to the Agile delineation:
- Domain 1 – Agile principles and mindset (new!)
- Domain 2 – Value-driven delivery
- Domain 3 – Stakeholder engagement
- Domain 4 – Team performance
- Domain 5 – Adaptive planning
- Domain 6 – Problem detection and resolution
- Domain 7 – Continuous improvement (product, process, people)
15 July 2015 – Pilot period begins
15 July – 16 August – Receive a 20% rebate on your exam
15 July – 14 October – New exam administered with results delivered on or before 22 October
15 October – Pilot period ends, immediately delivery of results
As always, Passionate Project Management is proactive with making changes to our materials to align with the upcoming changes. As of 15 July 2015, PPM’s course ware and self-study material will include the new tasks.